Friday, September 30, 2022

Update: 9/30/22

 


So far, it is becoming more active. A magnitude 5.9 struck northern Sumatra, Indonesia just a little while ago. Yesterday, a magnitude 5.8 struck the Loyalty Islands region. For some reason, I did not see a magnitude 6.5 in the South Sandwich Islands on my feed yesterday morning. It happened overnight and I was busy studying for my Japanese lesson, but I usually am up early enough to find out what happened while I was asleep. It is a good thing it didn't happen somewhere populated. I'm sure I would have seen something if it happened somewhere that could have been dangerous. It might become very active this weekend or early next week so far. There is a very high potential for another large earthquake in the world. Areas to watch would include: Alaska, Kuril Islands or Kamchatka Peninsula, Indonesia, Central America, Ecuador, Tonga, Vanuatu, Fiji, the Hindu Kush region, Iran, Turkey, and/or parts of the Mediterranean with the possibility of more activity in Italy.. There has also been some more activity occurring in Japan over this past week - not that there is a high threat, but it is a very active region. 

https://twitter.com/SeismicFox1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Report: 7.2.23

  A magnitude 6.9 struck the Tonga region earlier. There was no tsunami danger for the US west coast, British Columbia, and Alaska, the US T...