Friday, May 10, 2019

Considering

Does anyone here in California ever thoroughly think about when the sh*t hits the fan? I would be watching these big earthquakes strike around the world. I would see footage of a major earthquake taking place and wonder what that is like. I have never experienced a large earthquake before. It is interesting watching these events happening somewhere in the world. However, I have to remember that someone may be having the worst day ever in that part of the world.
It is hard to imagine. All these years, none of it has touched me. I have seen on television and online of it happening to other people. It will eventually happen to me. It may not be much longer before the next big earthquake here in Southern California. I don't feel that I have taken this seriously enough. I have never been through anything significant, so it is hard to come to that point. Every now and then, it may occur to me. I think about my loved ones and pray everyday that they are safe wherever they go and they're not going to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
I try to sensitize myself more by looking at graphic images of earthquake victims and survivors. I look up survivor stories and listen to the impact the natural disaster had on them. I make myself think about how people have been disfigured and died horrible deaths. I learned about the terrible pain people suffered from their injuries such as in Haiti. This is not something we should be lighthearted about at all, especially when it comes to a full fledged fault rupture. It is time to really start preparing for the big one. They say take action now because it could suddenly spring upon us any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Report: 7.2.23

  A magnitude 6.9 struck the Tonga region earlier. There was no tsunami danger for the US west coast, British Columbia, and Alaska, the US T...