Saturday, February 25, 2023

EQ Watch: 2.25-3.2.23


To be honest, I had my hands full earlier where I could not really sit down and post a new watch when I started feeling something again yesterday evening. There were 2 strong earthquakes in the world today - a magnitude 6.0 just offshore of Hokkaido(Japan) and a magnitude 6.2 in New Britain, Papua New Guinea. February was an explosive month. At first, I was thinking there should be a break by the end of this month, but there still may be some more significant activity going on somewhere out there. I'm just not making this a watch that lasts all week, but that could also change. I could also end up deleting this if it finally ends up being quiet after today. Other potentially active places to watch include: Indonesia(Banda Sea region or Sumatra), Central Asia, Chile, Argentina, Solomon Islands, Southern Alaska or the Aleutian Islands, the Kuril Islands, Kamchatka Peninsula..

https://twitter.com/SeismicFox1 










































No comments:

Post a Comment

Report: 7.2.23

  A magnitude 6.9 struck the Tonga region earlier. There was no tsunami danger for the US west coast, British Columbia, and Alaska, the US T...