Thursday, August 12, 2021

Update: 8/12/21


It was an even busier day today in terms of large earthquakes in the world. A magnitude 7.5 struck the South Sandwich Islands earlier today. It had a focal depth of 39 miles. The U.S. Tsunami Warning System said that there was no tsunami warning after the quake. Numerous aftershocks have been occurring. There still may be more going on out there in the world. I have been cleaning and running errands throughout much of today, so I have not gotten around to making a new post until now. I also deleted the outlook I posted earlier this week. I ended up issuing a new watch the next day and there ended up being two major earthquakes in two days. No major damage was reported from the magnitude 7.1 in the Philippines yesterday.

https://twitter.com/SeismicFox1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Report: 7.2.23

  A magnitude 6.9 struck the Tonga region earlier. There was no tsunami danger for the US west coast, British Columbia, and Alaska, the US T...