Thursday, February 24, 2022

Alert Modes


 I know that I recently made a post about a system I have for the different levels of world earthquake activity. I apologize for altering them so frequently. I just have been attempting to make each of them more distinguishable and to make it clear as to what is or may be going on in terms of global seismic activity. I went a little overboard on the rosy hues.

I made a significant change to the character(nine-tailed fox - based on Japanese yokai) representing the highest level of global earthquake activity. It was pale pink with orange, but I decided to give it a more classic white spirit appearance. It represents the highest possible level and power. All that pink may seem childish to some people and therefor may not be taken as seriously. I need to balance my social media with both nice, flowery images and serious things going on. I don't want to make it look like I'm ignoring the situation going on over in Europe or other important real-life issues outside of seismic hazards. When there is little seismic activity going on in the world, the avatar I use has a simple green background and whenever it shifts to more moderate levels of activity, it acquires an orange background.

I switch it to alert mode whenever there is or may be mag. 6 or greater going on in the world. Typically, it goes to level 4(bright orange fox with 6 tails; 2 exclamation points) whenever a major earthquake(mag. 6.9-7+) takes place somewhere. When a mag. 7.9-8+ has taken place, you will see the white nine-tailed fox as my profile picture. During certain hours, you will see the default red 3-tailed fox sleeping as my profile picture. That means I have gone to bed and am therefor unavailable. I have changed my alert mode avatars so many times especially over the past year. I have been consistently trying to improve on keeping the world informed and prepared.

It is also somewhat risky since I'm not a scientist and this would be an unorthodox way of tracking earthquake activity and detecting potential events beforehand. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused anyone. I have a thing for the color red. I'm very sensitive to that hue, but not everyone can see red that strongly. It may be hard for some people to tell apart certain shades of red and bright pink and orange. Originally, my character was a red fox with one tail which then turned gold or whitish with orange as the energy levels went up. Before I moved here to Tennessee, this system was also based on local activity in Southern California. I adopted the multiple tailed fox because I always was fascinated with Japanese culture and mythology. Again, I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Report: 7.2.23

  A magnitude 6.9 struck the Tonga region earlier. There was no tsunami danger for the US west coast, British Columbia, and Alaska, the US T...