Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Update: 3.22.23


At least 13 deaths have been reported after the earthquake in the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan. Nine of the casualties were in Pakistan. The earthquake was felt as far away as New Delhi, India. There continues to be increasing levels of activity taking place worldwide. Shortly after the latest strong earthquake, a magnitude 5.6 struck close to Chile's capital Santiago. Another magnitude 5.6 struck 118 km NE of Miyako, Japan a few hours ago. There is still a very high potential for a major earthquake somewhere. There are concerns about something potentially taking place in Iran or parts of the Mediterranean(such as Greece or Italy or perhaps southeastern Europe). There may not be a lot of activity taking place in the region at the moment but there have recently been more earthquakes going on in those places. So far, Alaska or its Aleutian Islands have been showing signs of becoming more active. The Kuril Islands and northeastern Russia are areas I have also been watching on and off for a while. Japan is a very active part of the world and so far, I have been watching the Ryukyu Islands and Izu Islands as well as the Hokkaido region. I notice that sometimes I may lose a small handful of followers on Twitter. I read that it is not something that is actually your fault and has more to do with the site itself or it at least isn't personal. However, I'm thinking I have not been very consistent lately. I know that I have peddled back and forth on making posts and have been tired from it being active on and off for weeks. I also tend to deviate from my main theme and retweet pictures of nature, flowers, and cute feminine things. While it is okay and in fact healthy to share that content sometimes with all the serious things going on, I want to keep it balanced. Lately, I have been sharing more of that other content than what I normally cover. It can end up looking like I'm goofing around and that can cause loss of credibility. It especially does not look good when I have been going back and forth on whether to post a world earthquake watch or not. It also makes me appear to be a female ditz where I'm easily distracted by soft and pretty things. I can play with that stuff when there is not much going on out there, but other than that, I must be more consistent and keep everyone's attention.

https://twitter.com/SeismicFox1 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Report: 7.2.23

  A magnitude 6.9 struck the Tonga region earlier. There was no tsunami danger for the US west coast, British Columbia, and Alaska, the US T...