Wednesday, June 28, 2023

Outlook: July 2023

 


June was overall quiet compared to the previous months this year. There was an outbreak in strong earthquake activity for one week which was the middle part of the month. So far, it looks like it is finishing up relatively quiet with a few bumps. However, it can always change very swiftly. I could end up making a new post tomorrow or perhaps later today. I just have not been feeling anything tugging my strings much at all lately. I briefly felt something where there was a little uptick in activity, but there was nothing more than a magnitude 6.0 aftershock in the most recently active area. I feel like I should try making these watches shorter and only keep the world posted as I play it by ear. I want to conserve those posts for when it becomes really active out there. People may also stop listening to me when I post that much. I also have been struggling to be a little more serious on Twitter. I sometimes get burned out from my job and am guilty of engaging in mindless scrolling where I sometimes get tempted by another tweet to share my opinion. I don't want to get into any of that. I need to stick with what I cover. So far, it looks like the next surge in activity may not be long from now. It doesn't feel like anything is happening yet other than a few moderate to significant quakes, but the next full-blown outbreak could be within a few days. However, it also may not be a long-lasting event. It could take place over a course of 2 or 3 days. At this point, it could start up from July 1-5 or 5-8. However, it could still suddenly become active before this month is over. So far, those are just aftershocks. However, a large earthquake occurring out there today or tomorrow cannot be ruled out. The regions to watch out for next may include the Philippines, Indonesia(Sumatra, Bali region, or the Banda Sea region), Japan(these are all the most active places, by the way), the Andaman Islands region, Myanmar or northern India, possibly parts of the Mediterranean region, Black and/or Caspian Sea region, Aleutian Islands or southern Alaska, Ecuador, or Peru. There also might be some moderate to possibly significant activity in California soon. There is no telling exactly where, but I am looking at Central and Northern California. However, I'm not meaning to leave out Southern California becoming more active anytime soon. It just looks like there may be more going on there soon. Over the past month, there has also been an increase in seismic activity scattered throughout parts of the eastern side of the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Report: 7.2.23

  A magnitude 6.9 struck the Tonga region earlier. There was no tsunami danger for the US west coast, British Columbia, and Alaska, the US T...