Monday, March 9, 2020

March 9, 2020

I know that I have changed the design of my icon as well as my logo on Twitter a few times, but I decided to try a new system. Just relying on switching the fox from glowing red and back depending on the activity around the world is not enough. I want to try to be more specific about what is or what may be going on. If this turns out to be too complicated, then I can switch back to the way I was doing it before.

I sort of made "chibi" foxes for a cuter look as it makes people feel less alarmed. The last thing I want to do is scare the pants off of everyone. I notice that is how they do it in Japan. The alarm systems there don't consist of extremely harsh honking or screeching sounds or bells(according to footage taken during a large earthquake there). People find earthquakes particularly terrifying and they would not want to be haunted by a deafening horrible-sounding horn every time one happens.

I'm afraid that my other system would create a "boy who cried wolf" effect. Earthquakes do not always happen every time energy picks up. I end up having to turn the code red off. I am currently using the icon where the fox is sitting or resting because there has not been much going on out there in terms of significant earthquakes today so far. The second one where the fox is standing and appearing more alert(with an exclamation point) is whenever the activity is increasing and potentially on the verge of becoming violently active somewhere.

The third one depicts the fox on the run with 2 exclamation points is when strong to major earthquake activity is occurring or there being a high likelihood that a major quake is imminent somewhere at any moment. For more activity taking place in Southern California and the surrounding areas, the second and third icons are highlighted in red. Level 1 code red is when more magnitude 3s and 4s are going on and level 2 means more significant activity is or might be taking place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Report: 7.2.23

  A magnitude 6.9 struck the Tonga region earlier. There was no tsunami danger for the US west coast, British Columbia, and Alaska, the US T...